How to remove a trial Tenant?

• 19 September 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +8

Hi,

I have an account with a trial Tenant and a demo Tenant (The demo Tenant is because we are a Nintex partner and a 3rd Tenant is the explorer Tenant). The trial Tenant has expired and I want to remove it. I cannot find the option to do this. Is there a way for me to remove a Tenant?

Regards,

Rick

4 replies

Badge +4

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your interest in Hawkeye. 

At this stage, there is no mechanism for a user to remove access to an expired Tenant. Trial tenants will automatically expire and eventually be purged by the platform. 

What capability would you like to see around this scenario? 

Thanks

Luke

Badge +8

Hi Luke,

The capability I would like to see is an option to remove a Tenant which deletes it immediately and completely. I can imagine this option is not used much though so putting it in a not so easy to find location is fine. You mentioned that the trial tenant will be purged after some time. If that means it will also not be shown anymore on the Tenant list, then this is just ok for me.

Related to being able to delete a Tenant:

I would also like to be able to rename a Tenant. Example: When I requested a demo Tenant, I added a date in the name. Now, I regret this and want to remove it but I cannot. The only option I now have is to request a new demo Tenant. Because I cannot delete a Tenant, the old one then also still exists then.

Cheers,

Rick

Badge +4

Thanks Rick, 

This is helpful feedback. Tenant renaming is definitely on the roadmap. Tenant deletion is also something we have discussed and are evaluating. Based on your comments, it sounds like you are less interested in whether the tenant is deleted and more focused on removing it form the tenant list. If we were to offer a 'leave this tenant' option, which removed your access to the tenant, would that meet your requirements? Or perhaps a way to move tenants to a sub-menu so that they are not visible in the top level list? 

Thoughts?

Thanks, Luke

Badge +8

Hi ,

A bit late reaction, but here it is:

My wish was the option to rename a Tenant and to remove (yes, delete it and all data) a Tenant. Where you are talking about is I believe related to user management of the Tenant. That is already is place imo. The options you mention are not really useful for me.

Currently I still have 4 Tenants. 2 are expired, one is the 'Explore Tenant'  and one is active. I only need the latter.

Hopefully this is useful input for you.

Cheers,

Rick