N-I-1990
Design Dabbler

People Picker Loop

I am sending a flexi task to multiple users selected in (People picker filed).

I am facing two issues:

1- When the first user fill the form, the other users will see the flexi task form with the values and comments filled byt he first user.

2- I am storing the task Ids of this flexi task in a collection variable, then I am using for each loop to create items based on the information filled by the users.

The issue is that the items are created with duplicate information (last filled information).

Please let me know if any clarification is required.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
kunalpatel
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: People Picker Loop

@N-I-1990 ....are you creating 1 task for all users or seperate tasks for each users?

0 Kudos
N-I-1990
Design Dabbler

Same task assigned to the people selected in the people picker fiels

0 Kudos
Contigo
Design Dabbler

Hi, 

How about if you try to put an Update Item action within the loop that will clear the fields that are being used again. For example you can create a variable that have a default value of null, and use that variable as the value the field equals to in the Update Item action. 

0 Kudos
kunalpatel
Automation Master
Automation Master

@N-I-1990 .....do you want any 1 person to respond or do you want each and every assigned person to respond? It will also depend on how you're selecting the outcome e.g. first response applies, majority agrees to 1 outcome, etc.

If you want responses from each and every person then you need to create seperate task for each assignees. Then you need to get each tasks comments and who responded and using build string need to create the log.

0 Kudos
N-I-1990
Design Dabbler

All must approve and there is only one outcome

How to loop for all the names 

0 Kudos
kunalpatel
Automation Master
Automation Master

@N-I-1990 ....In flexi task....there is an option "Store task IDs in"....you need to use collection variable to store it instead of an integer variable type......then when the flexi task is over...you need to use for loop and that collection and get the information (assigned to, outcome, comments, etc.) using set variables and build string actions.

0 Kudos