List View in O365

Badge +6

Hi,

Migrating our on-prem instance into O365 and urgently looking for a workaround that will provide similar functionality to a List View on a Nintex Form. Any ideas?

7 replies

Badge +2

Hi Jason,

This might not be a very good solution but still you can use page view control showing right view of your list within Nintex form office 365.

Badge +6

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Badge +6

Hi,

No, however, as a workaround of sorts, I have added a button with JavaScript to open up the required list in a new window. I then pass through the ID to filter the results to only show the items relevant to the item I am working with.

Badge +9

Eric Harris​ is not sure if this has been addressed in one of our hangouts, but are you able to give an insight into why this feature is missing from Office 365 version of forms, when it seems a straight forwards base feature?

Badge +17

Warwick,

Thanks for tagging me.  This question seems a little vague for me to prescribe a possible solution.  A list view on a page can be achieved easily by using a web part or app part and placing that on the page.

As for putting a list view on a Nintex Form, you can do that by using the List Lookup form control, but its not pretty.  It will give you a view of whatever list you have it connected to, but not sure of the business requirement around that. I'll chat about this tomorrow during my hangout and post the video back here afterwards.  Jason Durrant​ if you have more context or a screenshot of what you're trying to achieve, I may be able to help out.

Badge +9

Thanks for getting back to me Eric Harris​ - really enjoy the hangouts you hold, hopefully I can catch one live one day.

As mentioned by the OP this is specifically regarding the missing feature in Nintex Forms for Office365 List View form control. Which as I'm sure you know will display items from another list which are filtered by a control or value on the open form. There is no functionality the community has been able to find to replicate this feature.

For those of use who are migrating to Office 365 from on-premises we are struggling to meet business needs without these base features. I question was if you could give a overview to community of why Nintex Forms in Office 365 is currently on a slower release cycle and what technically is holding up feature roll-outs to allow business to replicate on-premises Nintex solution in online offering.

Badge +4

I'd like to kick this topic and see if anything has been done or if anyone has a productive workaround for this 'missing' control (List View action on a form).