Checkboxes missing from multi-select control in New form created via Worfklow Designer

Badge +1

Using Nintex for SharePoint 2016, I created a new list workflow and in Workflow Designer > Workflow Settings > Edit Start Form > Edit with Nintex Forms, I'm working on a "Initiate Workflow" form.

Everything is working fine in the Designer and Preview mode, except that when I pull a multi-select control onto the Designer canvas, it does not display checkboxes.

In Preview mode, the control allows me to select multiple values using Ctrl-Left Click, but this will not be intuitive to my users, who will need a more obvious selection method:

7981i82C44EBB714CEC03.jpg 

How can I display checkboxes with the text values?

I tried something similar to what I used to have to do in InfoPath ((shudder)):  I added a plain unconnected Choice control and it immediately showed the checkboxes with Option 1, 2 3:

7982i393E621F3FACDEA0.png

Unfortunately, after I connected it to my workflow variable, the checkboxes disappeared and only the value text showed as before.

If it matters, the workflow variable is set to Display Format:  List (Multi-Select).  I did not see any option for checkboxes.

I know I could break this into three yes/no checkbox questions instead, but I'd rather not have even more controls to fool with...

Thank you,

anneliese

2 replies

Badge +16

can you leave it unconnected and query xml the form data so that you can have your choice control as checkboxes with multi-select?

Badge +1

Thank you for your suggestion.  I ended up working around the issue by connecting the control directly to a SharePoint column rather than to a workflow variable.  Connecting to the new multi-select SP column resulted in checkboxes on the form control.