Where are attachments stored on new item and task forms?

• 20 February 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hello

As the title question suggests, I have an attachment control on a new item and a flexi task form with an attachment control on both. One a workflow is completed, where are they stored and how can they be viewed when looking back historically at the list? I know I can click the item that was created with the new item form and it shows me there, but where does the attachment that was added to the task form go?

What I am after is that all the attachments added to the new item and/or the task form are stored somewhere where they are accessible from the list.

Any suggstions

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

attachments uploaded to task form are stored within respective workflow task list item .

workflow task list and the source list where the workflow runs on are two different lists and so two different items. so you can not see both set of attachments from one of the items.

to see them all from (eg.) source list item you would need extra effort to copy them over from one list/item to the other.

see the approach described here

collect task attachments in list item and show all attachments in next task 

Nintex Workflow - Get List Item Attachment in Base64 Custom Action (Happy Thanksgiving) - Vadim Tabakman

Badge +3

Thanks Marian. What about the actual task form itself. For example on the item that was created, if I click view item I see the details of what was submitted, but does this exist for the task form also?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

sure.

workflow task list is  just a list as well. so if you navigate to it and find proper item you can see all the task item properties including attachment(s).

only little difference is that with nintex form created on task list, it doesn't open up view form and edit as on regular lists,  but rather for not approved tasks it always redirects to edit form (approve page) and for responded tasks always to view page.