Nintex Forms - 2.9.4.0 Upgrade Issues

Badge +7

Following on from my recent upgrade of Nintex Forms 2013 to version 2.9.4.0. There have been a few problems affecting multiple forms.

One was with the SQL Request control and calculated fields.

https://community.nintex.com/thread/15053-sql-request-action-and-calulation-field-bug-work-around

I now also am getting reports of forms failing to open which have lookup fields connected to the root site. These are erroring and I have to go into each form and reconnect the lookup field to the list.

It seems to only affect lookups connected to the top site "/" and where the lookup isn't connected to the lookup field. IE just populating a text field with the result.

Update 10/02/2017

Another small issue. People picker fields. If they are close to fields below, the drop down is getting obscured by the field below.

The fix is simply to bring the people picker to the front.

Logging with support.

18 replies

Badge +6

Hi Anthony,

Please check this for latest release notes by Nintex   .

Regards

Bashya Rajan A

Badge +5

Hi Anthony,

I'm facing the same problem that the suggestionlayer of the people picker field is getting overlapped by other people picker fields below since Forms version 2.9.4.0. This doesn't occur to other field-types like single line of text but people fields:

200265_pastedImage_1.png

Bring the people picker-field to the front doesn't work if there are multiple user-fields which needs all to be in front.

Do you know a workaround by CSS or some other way?

Greetings from Nuremberg

Ricky

Badge +5

I think, I found a working solution for my problem as you can see here:

200282_pastedImage_1.png

I got inspired by this post: Nintex Forms Drop-Down Bug?  Where the user set extra css-classes to his controls where the z-index is set > 500.

In the designer I set css-classes to all people-picker fields by increment the z-index in classes in ascending order, as you can see here:

200283_pastedImage_3.png

In my external CSS-File (you can also set the css directly to the form-settings) I declared the following classes:

.pp1 {    z-index: 510 !important; }

.pp2 {    z-index: 520 !important; }

.pp3 {    z-index: 530 !important; }

.pp4 {    z-index: 540 !important; }

.pp5 {    z-index: 550 !important; }

.pp6 {    z-index: 560 !important; }

.pp7 {    z-index: 570 !important; }

.pp8 {    z-index: 580 !important; }

So from the bottom up the z-index of a people picker field is higher than the previous below and every suggestion layer is not hidden by the people picker field below.

Badge +9

Nice Work!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

‌ -- this is fantastic -- will it go past the end of panels? 

Badge +5

Not sure about panels, but I think they might work the same as repeating sections.  I was able to use developer tools in the browser to find out that the repeating section has a z-index set to 506, and that any custom CSS setting a z-index on an element inside a repeating section is cancelled for some reason unless it is marked as !important.

Badge +5

I'm sorry but no, I didn't found yet a solution to bring it out of panels. At the moment I'm trying to apply this solution to my form but without success yet.

Badge +7

Update from support re people picker overlap...

I've had an update from my development team, the below issue should be resolved in the next release of Nintex Forms due on the 8th of March, pending that there are no issues found during testing.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Yesssssss. Thanks ‌!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I have had a similar problem when working with a drop down menu created by jquery UI's Autocomplete widget. 

I first created this css rule to pull the element forward

.bring-to-front {
  z-index: 501 !important;
}

And then added two events using javascript that would add the class to the control if it had focus, and remove it if focus was lost. 

We can simply target your People Picker controls using their 'data-formcontroltypeid' attribute as follows: 

NWF.FormFiller.Events.RegisterAfterReady(function() {

NWF$("[data-formcontroltypeid='c0a89c70-0781-4bd4-8623-f73675005e12']:visible").on("focusin", function(event) {
    NWF$(event.delegateTarget).addClass("bring-to-front");
  });

NWF$("[data-formcontroltypeid='c0a89c70-0781-4bd4-8623-f73675005e12']:visible").on("focusout", function(event) {
    NWF$(event.delegateTarget).removeClass("bring-to-front");
  });

});

This way, no matter how many People Picker controls you add / remove, they will work as expected without any additional work. Just drag and drop em! 

One caveat is that this will only apply the events on People Picker Controls that are visible (see ":visible"). If this is problematic (due to a control being hidden) you could probably just remove that ":hidden" selector from the query and the event will be applied to all People Picker controls regardless of their visibility. 

Additionally you can learn about the data-formcontroltypeids using this link. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

If you would like to clear a panel, create the following CSS rule 

fieldset.panel-clear>div {
overflow-x: inherit !important;
overflow-y: inherit !important;
}

And then apply the class "panel-clear" to the Panel control in question, as shown. 

Applying the class to the Panel

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Thank you very much ... going to bookmark this thread so I can find this in the future...!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I should have some time this weekend to finally start adding things like this to your CSS thread, making things less hidden! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Even more yessssss! I'm probably going to start putting together the catalogue this weekend as well. High-five & thanks in advance!

Badge +5

Could you help me understand exactly what this does, and how?  Does it affect people picker dropdown menus inside panels?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

The reason that panels end up cutting off content that falls beyond their borders is that the overflow (x & y) are both set to 'hidden' by default. 

If you had a people picker control (or any control that had a drop down menu) which featured many options that fell below that border, they would simply be cut-off and not rendered. 

Because the Panel Control's top level parent <div> container has its overflow value set to visible, all we need to do is inherit those values at the <fieldset> element level (which is our Panel proper). 

Doing so will allow content that falls outside of the content box of the fieldset element to be rendered as opposed to being cut off. 

This css shouldn't affect anything but the panel (<fieldset> element). 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

this is fixed in version  2.10.0.0, see release notes

Badge

I have 1.12.2.30 installed and this is still an issue.