Error: The input workflow type must be an Activity. Parameter name: workflowType

• 8 October 2009
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

We get this error when I deploy from my machine only.  My machine must be corrupt in some way with K2.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled K2 locally with no luck.  I don’t want to have to reinstall VS 2005.  I have tried to create a very simple K2 project and get the same error. We have taken a project developed from my machine and deployed it to get this error … deployed the same exact project from another machine and it works fine. 

Does anyone have any idea what might be messed up?

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

There is a possibility that your .net framework assemblies are corrupted. Try removing .net framework and reinstalling it.

Vernon

Badge +1
I will give that a shot... Just as an FYI, everything (looks like) it compiles and deploys fine(no errors during that).  It is when I try and start the workflow, I get the in the K2 logs. Wasn't sure if I made that above. Thanks.
Badge +8

I have also seen similar issues when the .NET Framework version (i.e. Service Packs) differ on the Dev machine vs. whats installed on the actual K2 Server.
Rule of thumb: Make sure that all machines in all environments are in sync with regards to:

K2 Version
.NET Framework versions (2 and 3) 

Badge +1

It seems to be working now ... Made several updates to my machine ... not sure which one fixed them but here is what I did:

1) Uninstalled and re-installed all .Net Frameworks on my machine

2) Updated K2 from version 4.8210.2.450 to 4.8.210.x.545 ... we just happened to be making the change on the server so I needed to make it locally

3) Ran Windows Update and updated everything ... don't think this had any effect but thought I would mention it