Determining the User Load

Badge +2
Hi all

I have to find the Load on particular user for particular activity. For example in partcular activity if the desitnation rule has 10 users and there are 10 instances of an activity is running how can i determine the load on individual.

Another point is if there are 10 users in the destination rule if one user opens the form and working on something, will others be able to open the form?

any help will be appreciated
regards
S.Saba

3 replies

Badge +11
Hi,

To determine the load for a specific user on a specific Activity, you can use the K2.net Service Manager's Worklist functionality to filter all worklist items for specific Process, Activity, Event, Destination User and/or Folio. This will bring back a list of worklist items assigned to the specific Process, Activity, Event, Destination User and/or Folio.

You can develop your own custom front end with the same functionality using the K2Mng object model.

On second question...
If you use normal aspx pages or K2.net smartforms as user interfaces, it depends on the number of slots assigned to the Activity. When you've got 1 slot assigned to the Activity, only the first user opening the worklist item will be able to action it. This user's worklist item status will change to 'Open' while the other 9 user's worklist item statusses will change to 'Allocated'.

HTH,
Ockert
Badge +2
Hi Ockert

Thanks for the quick response. We are using infopath form and its kind of call center environment. Does any other facts i have to keep in mind?

regards
S.Saba
Badge +11
If I remember correctly, Infopath client event statuses will stay 'Available' to all destination users until 1 user (or the number of users equivalent to the number of assigned slots) actually finishes i.e. Submits the infopath form. Once all the slots have been taken up, the remaining worklist items will be expired.

HTH,
Ockert