error 404 on K2 web services

• 5 January 2006
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
Hi,

another issue from me... (sorry about this :)

I had installed K2.NET on an "all-in-one" machine (it is a domain controller, exchange server, sharepoint portal server, etc.). The problem is that when I wanted to start to create a sample process on this machine, I found that Workspace and every other web service/web site came with K2 were unreachable (error 404 was displayed).

Server name and web server entries in appSettings in Workspace's Web.config seems to good, and K2 Server is running (I've checked it in Service Manager). Other, non-K2 web services are still reachable. So what is the problem? What should I check? I've reinstalled K2 but the problem still exists.

If you have any idea, please post it!

Thank you,
matyas

3 replies

Badge +11
Does K2.net and SPS run under the same site? Not a good idea.

Do you browse to the K2.net Workspace from the server itself or from a client machine?

Have you tried to reboot?

You can also try to browse using IP address instead of server name.

My feeling is that it is a permissions problem - either .NET framework, IE Zones permissions or SPS permissions.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +2
Hi,

>Does K2.net and SPS run under the same site? Not a good idea.

SPS is on its default sites and K2 is under Default Web Site (default install optionin both cases (SPS and K2.NET) ).

>Do you browse to the K2.net Workspace from the server itself or from a client machine?

I've tried to browse from the server...

>Have you tried to reboot?

I've restarted the IIS several times, but I didnt restart the machine (yet).

>You can also try to browse using IP address instead of server name.

I've tried with "http://localhost/K2V3/..." (Default Web Site is under port 80) and with the IP address of the machine without any success.

>My feeling is that it is a permissions problem

I can't refuse it completely, but imo, in a case of permission problems it would came error 401 or 403 instead of 404.

Regards,
m.
Badge +2
Hi again,

Thank you for all the tips, it is "fixed" now.
Here is a workaround:

- Uninstall K2.NET, manually delete K2 databases from SQL (uninstall can't delete them) and K2 Application pool from IIS (if it still there after uninstall).
- Restart the machine (it won't work without a full restart..!)
- Create a Site (for K2 web services) under IIS
- Reinstall K2.NET, but instead of the Default Web Server, use the new site created in the previous step to deploy all K2 Web Services (because installing K2.NET Web Services to Default Web Server won't work...).

BR,
matyas