Workflow check if employee email is active, if not email manager instead

• 1 September 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge

I hope this is close to the correct place to post. Sadly most of the choices are disabled.

I've been contracted to create some workflows for yearly requirement renewals and I have been unable to figure this out. Due to contract lengths being anywhere from 6 - 18 months the client is looking for a way to notify the manager if the individual is no longer here when its time to renew requirements.

currently I have this built into two separate workflows.

*The first creates the tasks for the contractor to get certified and is then good for 1 year. this one works perfectly.

*The second workflow is triggers using Information Management at 11 months, 1 week before, and the day the renewal needs to be show completed so the individual is compliant. (currently set to hours and minutes for testing purposes.)

Things I have attempted

Send the email before an if statement. If statement checks if mail was successful then don't email manager, else email manager employee is gone.  -- Sounded good but I can't seem to get the workflow to verify the email was received successfully

AD query the initiator name. if the name is found then email employee, else email manager. -- I don't know if they remove the person from AD, but I do know they make the email accounts read only which makes this if statement say yes every time.

Just wondering if anyone has ran into this type of request before and what was the fix / light at the end of the tunnel?

Thanks,

- Sad Panda

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hey,

maybe you should try checking if the field is disabled (property: useraccountcontrol) in the Active Directory?

The property may have one from the following values:

1. 512=Enabled
  2. 514= Disabled
  3. 66048 = Enabled, password never expires
  4. 66050 = Disabled, password never expires

Regards,

Tomasz