Not applicable

Nintex workflow terminate or end on same day 11:59 PM

I'm using infopath form 2013 with Nintex 2103 workflow.

My requirement is if user submit the form on morning 10:00 am or 11:00 pm (form contain two levels of approve)

I need to end the workflow on same day 11:59 PM automatically at any status (for example:- first level approver approve the form and waiting at second level approver or both two approvers still need to approve)

they condition need to check at 11:59 pm is given below:

1. Form status is completed.

2. Form status rejected by approvers

at this two level there is no need to end the workflow at 11:59 pm

Methods I tryed:-

1. i'm using parallel action on A side normal form is started on B side i just get the time remaining between form submit and 11:59pm and assign the minutes value to pause for field in nintex workflow.

and the big issue i faced is actually the pause for field completed stop the workflow flow process. so approve flow also stoped for that particular time.

kindly tell me best way to resolve this issue.

Note: i'm not using assign flexi task

0 Kudos
8 Replies
jackgelo
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Nintex workflow terminate or end on same day 11:59 PM

Hi,

why don't you build a Site Workflow scheduled every day at 11:59 PM that will query your library with InfoPath forms and extract all ID from forms that doesn't respect your filter criteria, Once you have the IDs, you could terminate the workflow running on each of them.

Giacomo

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi,

can you please tell me step by step procedure for creating site workflow scheduler.

I already created a workflow and published in form.(But its not site workflow)

I click on settings -> Nintex workflow 2013 -> schedule site workflows

On workflow schedules page i click add schedule button below screen open

One.png

I'm unable to save." There are no workflows available to schedule " message show in Workflow.

My Questions

1. For schedule site workflows we need to create site workflow?

2. without site workflow we are able to schedule a workflow to end at particular time?

3. what is the difference between site workflow and normal workflow?

0 Kudos
jackgelo
Automation Master
Automation Master

Hi,

I'll try to answer by point:

1. Yes. Schedule site workflow allows you to schedule a previous built Nintex site workflow. If I remember well, you can schedule also a list workflow, but you have to do on a specific item in the list, and the workflow will run on it

2. You can set each kind of workflow to end at a particolar time using the parallel action as you nave described, but in that way the workflow will be "running" until the pause is complete, even if both approvers have completed their task.

3.list workflows are used usually for processes that are related to a particolar item, the item where the workflow is running, site workflows are used for more generic processes (in this case, end a workflow on each item in a list where it's still running)..that's my opinion on them

Hope I've helped you

Giacomo

0 Kudos
philipplucas
Automation Master
Automation Master

"1. For schedule site workflows we need to create site workflow?"

Yes you do! You cannot schedule a List-Workflow like that.

"2. without site workflow we are able to schedule a workflow to end at particular time?"

I think this should be possible by using e. g. a timer service or a scheduled power shell script. But this requires some scripting/programming. I would really recommend to follow the hint of Giacomo Gelosi​ on this requirement.

"3. what is the difference between site workflow and normal workflow?"

The site workflow runs on the whole site. It can be scheduled to run periodically at a specific time. A normal workflow "list workflow" runs only on one list. These workflows normally start for an item when it is created or changed. Or the workflow can be started manually.

edit: Giacomo Gelosi​ you are too fast for me >.<

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Giacomo Gelosi,

Now i find out how to query form library  and getting running ID using  site workflow. I using below field to retrieve all Awaiting status ID using filter condition.

dddd.png

In site workflow there is no option for terminate workflow only End Workflow option is available. I need to terminate the all workflow present in query list , and also i need to change the status of the terminated workflow form to "Form Terminated" its possible.?

0 Kudos
jackgelo
Automation Master
Automation Master

Hi,

you can achieve your goal using a Call Web Service action, there is a method to terminate a workflow knowing the list, itemId and workflowName:

Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to change the column workflow status (it will appear as "Cancelled"), if instead it is a classic sharepoint column, you could edit the value inside the loop.

Giacomo

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Giacomo,

I found solution to this issue without web service.

I'm using site workflow with scheduler

My site workflow look like below

Untitled.png

Query List    - I'm getting all ID which are in Awaiting status.

For each      - Loop run until ID (form Query list) empty

Update item - Update the status of Material Form to terminate

then i add some condition in Material gate pass workflow. now i'm able to change the status and trigger mail to requester regarding terminate.

then i schedule the site workflow on particular time.

its working fine.

0 Kudos
jackgelo
Automation Master
Automation Master

Hi,

I'm glad you've find a solution that fits your needs!

0 Kudos