Communicating with previous versions of BlackPearl

Badge +8

I have noticed something and would like confirmation about what I am seeing.

We recently installed BlackPearl 4.6.7 on our DEV environment for evaluation and testing.  Developer workstations were also updated to 4.6.7 because we have noticed that we lose the ability to publish workflows to the server if there is a version mismatch.  The problem is that our devs now lose the ability to publish changes to production (still on 4.6.6 during testing period) from their machines due to the version mismatch.

So is this expected behavior when doing a version upgrade?  Why is this the case?

3 replies

Badge +6

Hi  sbrownhuntoilco,

I have experianced this before. If workflow or Smarform was created in 4.6.6 or 1.0.5 and then the enviroment upgraded to 4.6.7 and 1.0.6 varoius events used withing the workflows reference the old versions. For example if a Smartforms Client Event was used in a process in 4.6.6 and then the environment upgraded to 4.6.7, due to the upgrade some events are updated and there will be a mismatch between them so one would need to update SF to 1.0.6 in order for the SF Client event to work properly.

HTH

Regards,

Yannick                    

Badge +8

So is there any way around this?  Or am I just SOL until the 4.6.7 is applied to production?

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Are you using K2 studioK2 for Visual Studio to re-deploy workflowsmartobject changes to production?

If so, perhaps what you can do is create another client machine that just have the 4.6.6 client components installed; so that this client machine can be used to connect to and deploy to production.

**  This is under the assumption that the process that you are making changes to has not undergo any changes to eventscodes using the 4.6.7 client tool; as there might be changes in the 4.6.7 code base that the 4.6.6 server might not be compatible with.

** the current running version of the process in production can be download via K2 Workspace > Management > Server > Workflow Server > Processes > Process > Versions