Nintex workflow not continue after "Pause For" action

• 18 July 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Workflow not continue to run after a "Pause For" action.

"Pause For" action is configure to pause for 2 minutes but after 2 days still not completed yet. No error been thrown.

186872_pastedImage_0.png

186873_pastedImage_1.png

Have other items running the same workflow but do not have the same issue.

Thank you.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Perhaps this document helps you >>> Workflows not continuing - Timer Service and Delays

Badge +1

Nintex support advised this may due to performance issue caused by huge number of workflow history record which should be less than 5000 records. Checked and confirmed that the number of records was exceed 5000 but the workflow still not continue after purged the records.

This might be the root cause but there is no way to resume the workflow after pause. Terminate and restart the workflow is the only work around.

Badge +4

Hi, have you seen this issue recur since cleaning out your workflow history list?  I am seeing a similar issue with one of my workflows, but the workflow history list associated with the workflow is below 5k records, so I'm still troubleshooting. Thanks!

Brian

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I'm facing the same issues o SP2016 + Nintex 2016. I've been restarting SPTimerV4 process many times, but no "ad-hoc" results: after I cleaned my list, restarted the process, then after another minute (the pause was for 1 minute) my workflow unpaused and continue. I don't know how to permanently fix it

Anyone?

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +5

I'm also experiencing it Tomasz Poszytek SP2016 + Nintex 2016..

Cheers,

Shane

I have the same issue , does any one found the solution ?

I  did the UpdateWorkflowConfigurationSettings(),

Cleaned and purged the workflow history list ( errored and cancelled )

and restart all teh sharepoint timer jobs services ....

any idea.

the workflow failed to run after mu pause action .