Infopath - Some rules were not applied

Badge +3

Hello All,

I have a problem with my infopath form. I'm just tring to have all the outcomes in my "action" field in infopath.

Here is how I did:

1. Create an infopath form with a drop box which I named "action"

2. Integrate the form in K2. (As shown in the "How to K2" videos)

3. Launch a Infopath client wizard, and I specify the "action" field, where it asks "Task action field" and I click "yes" to automatically map the outcomes of the activity to my infopath form.

4. Deploy

When I open the form, I have an infopath error saying: "Some rules were not applied".

Here is a post that says to add the "Dynamic web service" in the smartobject service to resolve this problem.

http://k2underground.com/forums/post/22145.aspx

So I went were it says in this post, but I can't find the following in my dropdown service.

"k2.backpearl.UKEU.ServiceObjects.DynamicWeb.ServiceBrokers.ServiceBroker"

Have you any idea of what I did wrong?  Can you help me to add the missing service?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Vigoret

10 replies

Badge +9
Are you, by chance, using a web client to open your InfoPath form?
Badge +3

Yes, I'm using a web browser to open the infopath form.

Badge +9

Ok, good.  Then I believe this is part of a known issue where the path to the data sources is inserted into your InfoPath form incorrectly by K2.  You should be able to find your solution here:  http://k2underground.com/forums/post/21664.aspx

Badge +3

Hi tbyrne,

Thanks for your response

I have tried this resolution method without success.

But I don't think that it is related to the fact that I use browser enabled forms.

Because I just tried with the option of infopath client and it opens without error, but in the "action" dropdown field there is an entry wich says : "No actions are available". And when I try to submit the form I have the following error

Some rules were not applied

InfoPath cannot submit the form.
An error occurred while the form was being submitted.
The SOAP response indicates that an error occurred on the server:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Exception: The worklist item cannot be completed due to the following reason: Worklist item not found
   at SourceCode.Workflow.RuntimeServices.Functions.InfoPathFunctions.HandleException(Exception ex)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.RuntimeServices.Functions.InfoPathFunctions.SubmitInfoPathData(Object infoPathFormXml)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.RuntimeServices.InfoPathService.SubmitInfoPathData(Object infoPathFormXml)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Any idea of the problem?

Vigoret

Badge +9
Can you describe your process?  Is it a very simple InfoPath client event linked to an InfoPath form without any special logic, or is there any other complexity going on within your process?  It still sounds kind of like a data source issue, what happens when you preview the form from your development environment?
Badge +9
There wasn't much of a solution here, but it may help:  http://k2underground.com/forums/thread/18716.aspx
Badge +3

Hi,

I have a Smart Obect called RFP. My process starts with an infopath form, where the user is asked to enter a name in a textbox field and choose an action (Create, Cancel) from a dropdown list and submit. If he choose to create, the flow goes to an other activity which creates the RFP with a smartobject event and then it goes to an activity that displays all the RFPs. If the user choose to "Cancel", the flow goes directly to the activity that displays the RFPs.

After deploying and creating a new instance of this process, I click on the activity from the worklist and it opens the form but the dropdown box is empty.

But when I click on the arrow in the activity on my worklist and I choose "Datafield". and then I click to view from the "Activity Instance", it opens the form and the actions are there correctly. But I cannot submit, because it's on read-only.

So I don't understand why the actions are not available in the first case. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

Vigoret

Badge +10
I had this problem once before on a VPC but only for some users, other users it worked fine. From the worklist try to redirect it to another user and see if they have the same issue.
Badge +8
icon-quote.gifvigoret:

After deploying and creating a new instance of this process, I click on the activity from the worklist and it opens the form but the dropdown box is empty.

But when I click on the arrow in the activity on my worklist and I choose "Datafield". and then I click to view from the "Activity Instance", it opens the form and the actions are there correctly. But I cannot submit, because it's on read-only.

This *usually* means that the identity of the user opening the InfoPath does not reach the K2 Server correctly and thus the Server will not allow you to view the Actions. Easiest way to check is to run the K2 Server in console mode (just make sure you do a "run as" and use the service account) and check the identity registered when the IP form is opened.

Badge +3

Hi,

I think that I finally got it why it wasn't working, when open the form opens with Infopath.

I try to redirect the activity to an other user and it worked. So I created an other user in my active directory to run some tests. And I noticed that you should be logged in the computer with the account that will open your form. If someone has a better explanation it would be nice

But I'm still having problem when the form is opened with the browser. It says error, "Some rules were not applied". Any idea why it's working with when opend with Infopath and not when opened with the browser?

Thanks to all of you.