Nintex locking repeating section

• 21 October 2019
  • 4 replies

I have a requirement to lock filled in repeating section and still be able to add new rows. I tried the below 

is Edit Mode && Action !=""

Action is a control name.

I have four controls in the repeating section, so I added four rules one per each control. This locks the filled in repeating section. 

However the problem is I can't go back to the same form and add new rows. "Add new row" option is also locked. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. 

4 replies

Badge +12

@PR .......I tested your scenario and it's working for me and I'm able to add new rows. My steps were:

1. Add repeating section

2. Add few controls withing repeating section

3. Using "1<2" (for always), I've disabled my controls. I applied rules on each controls

4. I'm able to add new repeating rows

Make sure you're applying the rule on individual controls and not on repeating section, also verify if there are any rules getting applied to your repeating section or not. That's the only thing I can think of restricting you in adding new rows.

@kunalpatel 

Thanks for validating. 

I am no longer looking the the requirement for the client. I will therefore need try outside of work in my test environment. 

@kunalpatel

Hello,

I am in the same situation. I need to lock the comment previously entered in a repeating section but still being able to add a new row. I want to prevent previously entered comment from editing.

How do you do the below task you mentioned in your solution

3. Using "1<2" (for always), I've disabled my controls. I applied rules on each controls

I don't know what "Using "1<2" (for always)" means

Thank you in advance for the help!

Badge +12

@Cynthia1977007 it's the formatting rule you need to create. 

1<2 is the condition and if the condition is true then disable the control. Since I want my condition to be true in any case, I simply use "1<2" as a formula. I hope that makes sense.