Recurring email from list items

• 10 November 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I am trying to create a workflow that will send out monthly emails to external email addresses that are input into a field in my list. I can get this to work if i edit all the items or manually start the flow on each item.

My question is how do i create a workflow that will run against every item in a pre existing list even if it is not edit or manually started for each item? Also i need this to be sent out individually so it cannot pull all the emails and send one bulk email.

4 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

What you can try is in designer create a new workflow not bound to a list and then use a foreach loop to run trough the items in your list. In your main workflow you will execute the smartobject linked to your list to load the metadata for each item and then send of an email.

Be careful for infinate loops when working with the foreach outcome.

HTH

Jurie

Badge +1

Im pretty new to this k2 workflow software and am not sure how to make aworkflow not bound to a list. Also how do i link a smartobject to have all the meta data for each item on my list.

Badge +4

Within your K2 for Appit SharePoint app find the 'Designer' link. In there you will be able to create a new category and create a workflow in there.

If your list is appified you would have all the properties in the smartobject already. In your 'Parent' workflow you would just execute the smartobject of that list and it would return all the properties.

Badge +1

Thanks again!!!

This has been resolved. Link to steps is here.

basically you want to use the Create Reference to pull add data from list. Then use the for each loop to send emails from email field that is pulled from the reference. then loop back to for each statement and finally  create an ending step. Simple enough. This is also able to be a scheduled work flow as well.

Perfect!