Suggestions for corporate policy acknowledgement

• 24 October 2016
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +4

Hello,

I am looking for suggestions on how to build something for all of our employees to read and acknowledge they have read a subset of company polices with Nintex Forms and/or Workflow 2013. It can be as simple as a check box saying that they have read it.

So far, I was thinking of maybe a Nintex form with all of the policies attached. Then maybe a check box next to reach policy. But I am unsure how to attach documents to a new form. Any help would be appreciated.

3 replies

Badge +8

Hi William Lemons‌,

Before being able to build a solution, a key question to ask is: What should be done when a corporate policy is updated?

a) All employees must confirm only the update?

b) All employees must confirm the complete set of policies?

c) This is not needed?

This has ofcourse also a direct impact on how the update must be delivered (or vice-versa).

For the employee, the solution should be easy enough to know which versions of the documents/policy they must acknowledge. Without proper version control, acknowledgement means nothing imo.

The solution should ofcourse also be easy for the people who are allowed to make updates to the corporate policy. I can imagine it has some approval proces before it is sended out to the employees.

The solution will also be influenced by the number of employees. How big is your company?

The solution will also depend on the fact if policies should be acknowledged in the language of their country (if this applies to your company). If this is the case, what information is available to the system to know this. Can it be automated (for instance via a user profile property) of must this be manual administered. The lalter of ofcourse not a real option for larger companies.

A challenge I forsee with the solution is being able to make sure that all employees has signed it. HR should know all employees so for sure they are a stakeholder in this solution too.

Knowing that I did not really answer your question, i hope that I did gave you some pointers on building a good solution.

Cheers,

Rick

Badge +4

Hi ,

Great points... version control and the frequency of acknowledgements are key. From what I understand, this will probably be an annual event. Probably with a reminder 11 months out that you would need to acknowledge whatever policies are current. Our company is only about 200 employees. The other major requirement is the ability to report on everything. Do you think there is a better way than creating a list, linking the policies to a form, and then acknowledging with a check box? Each acknowledgement would be a new list item. Or is there a better way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

William

Badge +7

I would be very interested in hearing more about this topic.

I am also in the same situation as William Lemons were we need to have staff read and acknowledge policies on a yearly basis. I am interested in using Nintex workflow for tracking this information with a SharePoint custom list.