Not applicable

Nintex forms dissapearing

I have created a workflow with approval tasks with nintex forms. I have saved and published the workflows and they work from the links in the task emails. However a day or so later the forms disappear from the tasks and when I look at the task forms on the workflow they have reset to the generic nintex forms.

Is there a way to recover my forms and a way to save them for recovery in the future. Or ideally prevent them from disappearing again.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
kapilkjoshi
Apprentice

Re: Nintex forms dissapearing

Hi Richard,

Open the previous version of the workflow and see if your forms are still there or the version which you think was working correctly.

Usually this should not happen, something did go wrong on your workflows if the forms reset. When you create the nintex task forms, you can export them and save a copy. If this happens again, you just have to import the file. You should export the final version of whole workflow if you want to keep a copy of everything intact.

To prevent them from disappearing again, you need to know why it happened in first place. Does anyone else has access to reset the forms? Did you upgrade the forms version? I cant think of anything much for the reason. Hope it helps.

Not applicable

Thanks Kapil.

No one else accesses this workflow. It's possible that it was caused by updates. I have a discipline of exporting and saving the forms and workflows now, it's something I'll be doing on all my workflows from now on as best practice.

razvanhr
Novice

I find it very odd that nobody from Nintex reacted to this post, I am experiencing this very issue even with the latest Nintex 2013 workflow and forms version. So far it's been happening over night (literally). No updates, nothing that I can tell is changing the workflow task list. Still the task forms are gone and there is an error instead (not even the standard form) and only after workflow republish are the forms back.

0 Kudos
kapilkjoshi
Apprentice

Hi Razvan Hrestic

Have you found what was causing the issue? May be you contacted the Nintex support for this and have some guidance for others. Please post the resolution here to help other on the community.

razvanhr
Novice

Hi Kapil, I am as anxious to get an answer for this as anyone, but Nintex could not help me because its almost impossible to consistently reproduce. It may also be that this is a SharePoint-issue and some timer jobs are causing this - if I've got the time I will try to exclude this

0 Kudos