Nintex form

• 12 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I have one dropdown in my Nintex form, I have to replace the old choices from new choices but my list having some existing item with old choices and I don't want to loss of data there and when I open the edit form or display from of existing item then the form have to shows the dropdown with old choice and only new form, edit form and display form of newly created items shows only new choices. how can I achieve this using Nintex form.

2 replies

Badge +12

@Mrunmayee use to choice controls...one with old choices and another with new choices...you'll then have to create a rule with a hard coded date to hide/display the choices.

For e.g. If New mode then show new choices and if it's edit or display mode AND modified or created (your choice) is greater then 08/12/2021 then show new values or else shows old values.

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

In List Settings in SharePoint, you can check the option for the field to "Allow fill-in choices" for the Choice column in question.  Of course this would not prohibit a user from creating there own value.

A more complex solution would be to add a new choice column using the same Title on the form as the old one.  When the user opens the new, edit, or display form and the Item Properties of the old field are not empty, hide the new control.

So on the new choice field, the rule would be  not(IsNullorEmpty(item property of old choice field)) then Hide.

On the old choice field the rule would be IsNullorEmpty(item property of old choice field) then Hide

You could then have a simple calculated column on your list to show the value for both fields, since only one should ever be populated: =oldchoicfield&newchoicefield