How can I make a PEOPLE CONTROL outline in red when this field is required at save?

Badge +6

How can I make a PEOPLE CONTROL outline in red when this field is required at save?

notice how the other fields automatically outline in red----why doesn't the POPLE control have this option?

Do you know how to make it outline in red?

See the example below where I attempted to save this form and got the error messages at the top of the form in addition to two of the required fields to be outlined in red, but the People control has not red outline.

I will also send a screen shot of my PEOPLE control settings.

Nintex Question People control settings.JPG

Nintex Questions Save Required Fields.JPG

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Can I just check, is the field a required field in SharePoint List. I can't see if you have any custom validation javascript in the control settings screen, so assuming there isn't, the only way to make sure this is outlined in red is by checking the column settings and ensuring this is a required column in SharePoint.

Badge +6

Hi Ryan,

Thanks so much for your response.

The Class Attendee field is a REQUIRED field according to my SharePoint List Settings.

I will also include a screen shot of the validation section of the control from the form.

Does everything look ok to you?

Do you have any other suggestions as to why the field is not outlining in red?

Inger Spikner

IT Business Unit Liaison

Direct: 901-537-7347

Fax: 901-537-8594

<http://inside-helena.helena.local/>

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Unfortunately I don't have Nintex forms in front of me so I can't test the behaviour, but is it because you've got Custom Validation selected, but no custom validation function in there? Setting the custom validation setting to no, should still mean this is a required field and will produce the error message you've placed above it, but the form won't look for a custom validation function, that in this case, doesn't exist.

Badge +6

Ok,

I have taken away the custom validation, it still doesn’t outline in red…..any other suggestions??

Inger Spikner

IT Business Unit Liaison

Direct: 901-537-7347

Fax: 901-537-8594

<http://inside-helena.helena.local/>

Badge +6

Andrew,

Do you mind taking a screen shot of the controls where I can see your settings?

This seems like such a simple task but its simply not working for me.