Use IPC event to call another workflow process in a sub-workflow.

• 27 August 2015
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I have a parent workflow that use the IPC event to call a sub-workflow, this is working perfectly as expected, however, when I am trying do the same thing in the sub-workflow to call another workflow process, it does not work anymore. Does IPC event only support one level?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Best regards,

Junjie Tang 

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Assuming,

Process 1 --> Process 2 --> Process 3

Does Process2 throw any error when its IPCevent executes to call Process3?

Does the K2 Service account have Admin/Start rights on Process3?

Badge +10

I can confirm that it does work on more than one level. I have used IPC's up  to : Process 1 - > Process 2 -> Proces 3 - Process 4 without any issues.

Badge +1

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the help, really appreciate!

Process2 does not throw any error when its IPC event execute to call Process3, I also verified in workspace for the instance of Process3, there are no items!

I am testing k2 service account does has the Admin right but not the Start becasue I assume that the Admin access right should already cover it, I've trid to set both Admin/Start right and it does not make any differences though.

It works for the first level with just Admin right, it just doesn't do anything when it comes to the next level.

By the way, we are with verions 4.6.9 

Regards,

Junjie

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

1.  Are there perhaps any Process Start Rule on process3 that may prevent it from starting?

2.  Does process3 have any client event?  It may be that process3 does get started and completes right away, as such there will not be any active process instances.   Does the process overview indicate otherwise?

Badge +1

Hi Tin,

I will give it a try and see if I can get it work, appreciated!

Junjie

Badge +1

Hi Tin,,

I've recreated a testing process3 with only a email event, this time it works! So I believe you are absolute right for the fact that there must a rule that stops the process3 somehow.

Thank you very much for your help, really appreciated!

P.S. Same to s0m3one, your confirmation is really important to me! :)

Regards,

Junjie