copy nintex form to another site programmatically

• 21 December 2015
  • 7 replies

Badge +5

I have 30+ contract execution sites that all contain the same list based on a content type. I need to add a field to all instances of the list in all the contract execution sites. I think I can figure out how to do this in powershell.

Next I need to update the Nintex 2010 form that goes with this list. That is easy enough to do in one site. I want to then copy that form to the lists in the remaining project execution sites. I think I can export the form, but is there a way to install that form on a given list using powershell?

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I'm not sure about PowerShell Josh (not my strength) but you could look at using something like Sharegate to do this for you.

Badge +7

Hi Joshua,

There's an article here Is there a way to deploy a Nintex Form from a script (like powershell or feature) instead of a Export/Import?  that may help you.

Jan

Badge +5

I'm on 2010, so the above link is no use. I have manually updated all 27 lists 3 times today. Import/ export helps but this is ridiculous.

Badge +7

Hi Joshua Moore​,

Did you find a solution to your problem ?

I am searching for a solution every 6 months hoping that Nintex or someone would find a breathrough or at least workaround.

For now my solution is : NOT to use Nintex Forms or Workflows in every site collections/sites/sub-sites but instead have a "central site" where users use the forms and a workflow in the list that copies the item values into the "correct" target site/sub-site. Then I have a regular purge of the submitted items.

This way I only have 1 central place to maintain all my forms and the business can change them if needed.

The downside of course is that the items once in the target site(s) lost their CreatedBy since it's the name of the workflow author, and a form with lots of repeated sections are just showing as plain XML but at least the data is there so we can do reports on it.

This solution is only valid IF users do not need to modify the data, otherwise they will not be so happy to open it in the out-of-the-box SharePoint item form UI.

Would love to hear others with their workarounds on updating 50+ forms in sites.

thanks.

François.

Badge +7

For workflow there is an api to publish workflow programmatically, for forms there seems not to be such an api, but a uservoice submission at https://nintex.uservoice.com/forums/229406-2-nintex-forms-for-sharepoint/suggestions/6546116-publish-a-nintex-form-by-webservice-or-nintex-work

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

There is now a Forms API as documented in the SDK Web Service Reference 

This allows 

Endpoint URL

DeleteForm

GetFormXml

PublishFormXml

Example 

Migrate Forms with the Nintex Forms Web Service API

Badge +7

Yeah! I just found this the other day - and already used that in a current project to deploy Nintex Forms from PowerShell!