Nintex form - Validation formula required

• 21 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +8

My form has two fields:

1- User 1 verification

2- User 2 verification

I want to set up a validation to state that user 1 can not complete both user 1 and user 2 fields and vice versa. Both fields must be completed by a different user. 

Once the field is completed and the form is save the modified by is captured so I plan to use this but not sure how.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey michuk,

I wonder if you have to have 2 other fields that are readonly only on the form, that store who set the verification field.  Then have a rule that looks at that and compares it to the current user.

It might be that the workflow will need to identify which field was updated and by whom, and set that field for the form to look at.

Vadim

Badge +8

Hi @vadim_tabakman 

So I have a field that captures who completed the user 1 field,(User 1 name) so I can use that to make sure that the person who completes user 2 field is not the same person, just not sure how to write the validation rule. The below does not work.

invalid if .. ==User 1 name

invalid if .. current user == User 1 name

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey michuk,

I've attached an on-prem form I just built (zip file).  It's not exactly what you want, but I hope it helps you get started.

There are only rules added to the Sales field and the one next to it.  The one next to it stores the user that filled it in.  But I'm not storing that data.  I think you will need to store that in the list as a column.  That way, the rule would need to be adjusted to not set it to the current user, if it already has something in it.

The idea here, is hopefully to help with building out the rule formula.

Let me know if it helps.  If not, I can take another look.

cheers,

Vadim