reset active instance to use new version

• 16 December 2010
  • 1 reply

Badge +8

I have over 3000 active process instances in a complex workflow with more than 70 activities (many of which are optional based on various checkboxes on the form). This workflow splits into parallel activities, then collects back into a single activity, then does so again a few more times.

One of the collection activities (a default server event) has an error in the custom code in the precrule that allows it to start even if a specific preceding activity has not completed. I have corrected the code and exported a new process version, but now I need to fix the 3000+ active instances so that when they get to that point they will not prematurely move on.

As I see it there are two possibilities: modify the precrule code for that activity in the current process version (something like when using Repair Error), or point active instances to the new process version (there was no change to the xml schema).

Any suggestions?

1 reply

Badge +13

It's not supported but test in QA first.

Check out K2._Code table.   It's possible to modify this for your situation.

You can only use Repair code facility if it's in an error state for that code you want to fix.