SQL Query that includes a field reference

• 22 September 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I'm building out my first Nintex form and have not been able to find an answer on this online so I'm hoping someone can help.

I'm trying to have a SQL Request field on my form be filtered by another field on the form.  I have the field working correctly if I don't attempt the filter.  I would essentially like to be able to say select field from table where parent='OTHER_FORM_FIELD'.

Is this possible?  I obviously need the field to refresh asynchronously after the other field is selected so i'm not sure this is possible.  Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Kyle,

We just released Nintex Forms 2.8 (SP2013) and 1.10 (SP2010) which has a lot of great enhancements to the SQL Request and Web Request controls. Included in this release is the ability to pass values into a query from other controls.

The release notes and downloads are available here. Please do let me know how you go with our latest release.

Cheers,

Euan

Badge +1

Awesome!  I'm installing in my test environment now so I can try it out.  Thanks!

Badge +8

This is just what I was trying to do using version 1.9 (SP 2010) and failing completely.  So I was very happy to read that v 1.10 was released and immediately downloaded and installed it.  However, I'm still not able to get this to work.  For example when I try to run this query:

SELECT LAST_FIRST_NAME, UID FROM EmployeeData WHERE UID = UsersNameControl

I get this error:

Test Result

Invalid column name 'UsersNameControl'.

so it appears that the UsersNameControl is being interpreted as a database column and not text.  Is there something that I should bhe doing here that I'm not?

Thanks,

Bruce

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

try SELECT LAST_FIRST_NAME, UID FROM EmployeeData WHERE UID = "UsersNameControl​"

Badge +8

Yup, that was it.  Thanks. -Bruce