Copy list element from one source list to dynamic target list

• 16 January 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +10

Hi all,

I need to copy a list element from a static source list to a dynamic target list (depending on the date it is "Q1-2019-target list"; "Q2-2019-target list", etc.). Therefor I cannot use nintex copy element (target list cannot be dynamic).

So I need to use a web service for that. Unfortunately my attempt to do so does not work:

Has anyone a clue why this is not working?!?

Cheers

mai-kel

PS: the workflow is running on the source list and should start every time a new entry is created.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

what about to use Create (multiple) item action instead of Copy item one?

what's the exact problem with web service call? do you get any error?

does it fail with 'run now' test or at runtime?

Badge +10

Hi Marian,

If I use "create element" I have the same problem as I had with "copy element" - I can only choose a list which is already existing:

But in my case the list is not existing at the moment. BTW: I found out why my web service is not running:

Everything is fine as long as the fields are single line of text, multiple lines of text, numbers or date and time fields.

What currently is not working is a person or group field - I am not able to update that information, not as a string (email), nor as people or group data type. Any advice?

Maybe there is a completely different approach to copy a list element to a dynamic list, because I just learned that the list element could also contain an attachement - something I completely did not take into account up to now.... sad.png

Cheers

mai-kel

Userlevel 5
Badge +14
If I use "create element" I have the same problem as I had with "copy element" - I can only choose a list which is already existing:

ah, sorry - I understood it wrongly, that you have the list with the same name but on different sites.

What currently is not working is a person or group field - I am not able to update that information, not as a string (email), nor as people or group data type. Any advice?

user fields should be provided in a full form: claim|domainloginname

note '' character may be sensitive in some places/usages and might need to be doubled.

Badge +10

To update a people or group field via web service UpdateListItems you need to follow the following format:

[UserID];#[UserLoginName]

as described here:

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-Blogs/Inserting-an-item-with-web-service-call-people/ba-p/80929

Cheers

mai-kel