Multiple destination users

• 16 November 2009
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Hi all,

I'm using a table lookup to dynamically assign a destination user to an activity based on selections in an InfoPath form.  Basically, I have a small table, with office location as one column and destination user as the other.

When a form gets submitted, a SmartObject Event matches the office to the destination user, writes that information to a process data field, and then I use the process data field as the destination user for a subsequent activity.

It works great... for single users.  What can I do to make it add two destination users?  I tried making the string in the table a comma and semicolon delimited list, but that doesn't seem to work.

The activity is already set to plan all at once and plan per destination; I have other activities that have multiple simultaneous destination users, and they work fine, but their destination users were hard set in the IDE to roles (which I resolve to users).

Any ideas here?

Much appreciated!

2 replies

Badge +5

Hi There,

If build up an XML data field with a repeating node of users which have the domainusername and select the repeating node of the XML data field then this should work

Badge +4

The solution I eventually went with was to modify the destination rule code for this specific activity.

In the helper functions there is a point at which the K2 function Destination.Add(string) is called on every destination string.  With my delimited list, it was just trying to add the whole string as one destination.

So I modified the code to do a string.split on the delimiter, then loop through and do a Destination.Add() on every string in the array.