Ending a workflow having client events

• 11 November 2009
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I have created a process with series of client events. For the last client event i have one outcome called review. I'll connect pointer this to a server event(wf).

When i create a new instance of this process all the activities goes smoothly till the last client event. After this i'll get the following error.

Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes(xxxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx)

How to do end a workflow which uses client events?

6 replies

Badge +11

Does your last server event just serve as a placeholder?  If so, instead of using Server Event (WF) try a Server Event (code).  For the WF event you would need to go into the WF designer and add a WF activity.  With the Server Event (code) you can just use it as-is as a placholder with no changes.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Are you using any services in this process(Dynamic SQL Service)? Is it a Sharepoint integrated process?

Badge +2

Hi,

I have tried with both WF&Code. But still I get same error.

Badge +8

Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes(xxxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx),  When do you see this error, after completing Client event ? is there any sort of code in you server event ?

Badge +2

Ya i see after completing Client events, and there is no code in server event.

Badge +5

I have seen this before, the way that I overcame the issue was to delete the activity with the failing client event, save the process, close visual studio, open it add in a new activity with a client event and rename it, save it and re-deploy

HTH