Nintex Workflow publishing error

• 13 February 2019
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hello

After installing Sharepoint 2013 on premise and Nintex Workflow and Nintex Forms 2013 and configuring it a bit I tried to publish a very simple workflow for a list in created site. It can be saved but when trying to publish following error occurs:

soap:ServerServer was unable to process request. ---> Failed to publish workflow: <Error><CompilerError Line="-1" Column="-1" Text="Type Nintex.Workflow.Activities.ReportingHeaderActivity is not marked as authorized in the application configuration file." /><CompilerError Line="-1" Column="-1" Text="Type Nintex.Workflow.Activities.SendMessageActivity is not marked as authorized in the application configuration file." /><CompilerError Line="-1" Column="-1" Text="Type Nintex.Workflow.Activities.ReportingFooterActivity is not marked as authorized in the application configuration file." /></Error>

My question is what I should add to which file (web.config I presume)?

Thanks in advance :) 

7 replies

Badge +1

Activating Web App made the thing. Solution for others who face the same problem. Thanks :)

Badge +1

Hello,

could you please provide mode details on your solution ?

Thank you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9
In the central admin, go to the Nintex settings, and you will see "Web applications activation", and here you go.
Badge +1

Nintex has provided solution here:

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Workflow-Failed-to-Run-or-Failed-to-Publish-Workflow-after/ta-p/84452

Can anybody confirm the solution suggested above worked? Thanks. 

Badge +2

Hi, 

I had a similar error: "Type Nintex.Workflow.Activities.ReportingHeaderActivity is not marked as authorized in the application configuration file." when publishing a simple Nintex Workflow with a log in history list workflow actions. 

I have fixed the issue by running the Add-CodeDomAuthorizedTypeToOWSTimerConfig.ps1 listed in the article below. It looks like I was missing some lines in the OWSTIMER.exe.config.

After installing .NET security patches to address CVE-2018-8421, SharePoint workflows stop working (KB 4457916/4457035 and others)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/archive/blogs/rodneyviana/after-installing-net-security-patches-to-address-cve-2018-8421-sharepoint-workflows-stop-working

Userlevel 4
Badge +9
@darisz could you please choose an answer and mark it as solution, thanks 😉