Not applicable

Nintex Workflow from List

Hi,

I am new to Nintex. I have created a list. I want to achieve the following

- starting the workflow, when the list has a new record (this part is easy and can be achieved)

- Move the list to the next person for entering one field

- Move the list for approval after this

- Return back the list to the initiator, for closing the task.

Can this be done using Nintex workflow.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
cassymfreeman

Re: Nintex Workflow from List

- starting the workflow, when the list has a new record (this part is easy and can be achieved) .

Yes, this can be done by modifying your start conditions to start on item creation

- Move the list to the next person for entering one field

This can be done with a Request data action, specifically asking for the one field, and then using the Update item action to enter the data received back into the list item

- Move the list for approval after this

This can be done after the above with a Assign Flexi Task action

- Return back the list to the initiator, for closing the task.

Not sure which task you want to close, but whatever it is you can assign the task to the initiator.

Not applicable

Hi Cassy,

Thank you for your reply. Looks simple, started creating as per your suggestion.

I have created one field to capture the value in the 'Request Data' action.

But while saving, I am getting the following error 'You must enter an action title'

Not sure, what is this error and how to resolve this.

Any help in this regard will be great.

The following has been entered

- Entered the Collect data from as the next user in the workflow

- Created a new content type field

Thank you,

Shaji

0 Kudos
cassymfreeman

Hi I created an example of Request data here:

RequestData.PNG

It is

• collecting data from Freeman, Cassy
  • creating a new content type called "Test for Shaji"
  • Asking for data "Field Name 1" as single line of text and storing that response in a variable called "vTextFieldName1"

Is this how you have yours?  I couldn't replicate your error.

However, I then deleted the title of the action container (highlighted in blue) and got the error message.  You just need to make sure something is in there and the error should go away.

ActionTitle.PNG

Not applicable

Hi Cassy,

Thanks again, having the same error. I have also noticed that all the buttons are disabled for the 'Request Data'. Is there any permission issue to use this action. any help will be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Shaji

!

0 Kudos
cassymfreeman

just check with your farm admin that this action is "allowed" to you.  I would imagine it is as you shouldn't see it if it isn't if that makes any sense.  Not sure why that would be to be honest.  What permissions do you have to the site?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Cassy,

Tried everything. Same issue. What I have also found is, it is only for this action item, the buttons are disabled. for all other action items, all the buttons are enabled. Could it be something to do with the action item control getting corrupted. I have no idea, how this works in Nintex. Also I have tried with all the logins available including the farm admin and the user who has installed the nintex.

Can you put some light.

Thank you,

Shaji

0 Kudos