Nintex Workflow edit task form- An error occurred during an Ajax call

• 27 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I am facing an issue while editing the Nintex Workflow for SharePoint 2016. The edit workflow was working fine earlier however since couple of days when I edit the workflow and then edit the task from on the flexi task action (Edit with nintex forms), we get the error: "An error occurred during an Ajax call"

I have checked the memory utilization on the web front end server and it is not crossing above 70%. Also when I check the browser dev console- where I am editing the workflow currently, I can see the error "413 Request entity too large" to the url ".. /_vti_bin/NintexFormsServices/NfRestService.svc/GetFormCanvasData?IsResponsive=1"

Badly looking for the solution.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8
We have a similar situation, in an environment where we have 4 load balanced WFE servers. It typically only happens on very complex forms, and is sporadic. The only thing I have found to give any relief is to change my WFE via my Hosts file to point to a specific server. We are researching internally, and if we find a solution, I will have it posted here. We also see no spikes in memory during the times when this message pops up, and the advice from Nintex (per their postings) is to allocate more resources.
Badge +2
The host entry did not help me. I am still getting the same error. enough memory is present on the WFE as well as the machine where i am editing the workflow.