Solved

Nintex Workflow- Web Request Action (proxy)

• 16 September 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hello Nintex Community, 

When using the workflow action "Web Request", does any one know what this action uses for a proxy? Is it using the default proxy, the proxy from the SharePoint web.config, or a custom proxy? 

Just to give a little information about my SharePoint environment: 

SharePoint Server 2013 on premises

Nintex Workflow 2013 (3.1.6)

#NintexWorkFlow #WebRequest

icon

Best answer by renaldo_watts 21 October 2016, 15:35

View original

4 replies

Badge +7

Hi Renaldo,

To be perfectly honest I'm not sure.  I'm guessing your are trying to access information outside of your company?

I think this is handled by the SharePoint server's internet access.  I know when I wanted to get Nintex Live up and running, there was a few thing that needed to be sorted.  One was the internet access for the services account that I'm using to run the checks and a second thing was the firewall rules needed to be opened for the Nintex Live traffic to be able to go through.  Not sure if this helps.

Kind Regards,

Badge +2

Thanks Francois. Live is working properly in our environment. I was just inquiring to see where the WebRequest action in workflow pulls the proxy from. The reason is because even if I remove the proxy from the web.config and reset iis on the web servers, the request still uses the proxy.  I opened a case up with Nintex, and I will let you know once I hear back from them.

Badge +2

I got word back from Nintex: 

The WebRequest uses the proxy that is set up on the server. I assume Nintex support means in the web.config for that WebApplication. If you use the "proxycfg" command, it shows the current WinHTTP proxy settings.

Is web.config modification the confirmed way to make web requests use a proxy?

Thanks in advance

David