Workspace 'hanging'

• 16 January 2008
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +8

Hi,

In the Workspace, when I try to access the following components, the workspace just 'hangs' and displays the daisy wheel forever:

• Report Designer
  • Notification Event Designer
  • Custom Event Designer

This happens on a single-server deployment of BP , I have removed and re-installed K2 but that didn't help.

The workspace is in the Local Intranet Zone, and IE Enhanced Security is disabled. No Errors are shown when Host Server is run in Console mode with debug logging level.

Does anyone have insight into this problem please?

5 replies

Badge +8

Just in case anybody experiences this problem, I managed to resolve the issue:

My Workspace APP Pool was running under the same service account as the K2 Host Server. After I created a new service account dedicated for the APP Pool, this problem was resolved.

Remember to add the user to the IIS_WPG group after you have changed the APP Pool Account with the K2 Configuration Manager.

Badge +13

Is it a requirement to have separate ID?   Or did you have both in one application pool (and now you separated into 2 pools)?

It could be other issues that could have recovered by recycle the application pool?

If you set the ID back to the same as Host Server does it 'hangs' again?

Badge +8

When I set it back to the same id used by Host Server it hangs again

Badge +9

That is pretty interesting.  I have a few customers who setup using the same service account and it works fine.  Are there any errors in the event logs?

Badge +6

Make sure to remove the 'Internet Explorer Enhanced Security' via 'Add/Remove Programs ' -> 'Windows Components'.

I have seen this behaviour when browsing directly from the server. If you are not allowed to remove this feature you can try the 'DisableLoopBackCheck' trick.