Reuse customized flexi-task task form?

• 14 February 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Nintex Workflow 2016 and Nintex Forms 2016 both on premise.  If I have 3 or 4 flexi-task approvals and customize the task form (Flexi-Task > Configure > Edit Task Form > Edit with Nintex Forms), I have to go into each flex-task and make the same modification so they all match.   Is there a way to re-use the same Nintex task form for all flexi-tasks in a given workflow without having to duplicate form code?

Thank you

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

If all else fails, you could export the changed form then import it into each subsequent form.   

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

if you copy&paste flexi task action, the same task form layout is shared among all the copy&pasted actions.

when you're going to design task form of such an action, you're warned about that and asked to confirm whether you want to edit shared layout or to create specific layout for a given action. until you allow to create action's specific instance you have just one shared layout and so need to make change just once.

see documentation - https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2016/current/#sp2016/Forms/Designer/DesigningFormsInNW.htm?Highlight=flexi%20share%2… 

I've found it convenient to have the task form layout very simple and reuse it for different tasks and workflows.

see the blog how I use to deal with it -