In state machine workflow how to check whether item is edited by user after rejection of approver

Badge +6

Hi All,

We Are using the state machine workflow. In that we have 2 states one is approve and other is request update.Once approved it will go to next level. On request update option it has to go back to initiator , once initiator modifies the item it has to go back to approver again. how to check whether iniator edited the item. Please give me your thoughts

Regards

Hema

5 replies

Badge +16

I usually have a manual status column on the item.  So it will be like:

1. Awaiting Approval
  2. Awaiting Update
  3. Approved

When rejected make status "Awaiting Update" then when the user makes the change in the form, connect the button to status field so that on submit of the form again the status changes to "Awaiting Approval"

In your awaiting update branch have "wait for item update" and look at the status change.

Does that make sense?

Badge +6

Thank you so much for the reply. Few confusions in this.

1. In user form do i need to set the status field default value to "Awaiting Approval"?

2. If we are not setting the default value,On item change how the status field will update?

Badge +16

you can link your button click to setting a field value.  if you look at button settings you should see it.

Badge +6

Thanks a lot, it worked for me.

But any idea why it takes lot of time to go back to previous step. 

Badge +16

State machine waits for the timer service to change states - so can take a while to change state depending on your config.