Send email with info of the newest SharePoint item of a list

• 16 June 2009
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge

Hi,

I am trying to do something that is probably very easy to do, but I am totally new to K2.

I have a custom list in SharePoint, everyday at 15:00 I need to send an email with the info of the latest created item. The scenerio is for an Out of Office list, where every day a new out of office item is filled in (only one per day) with the people that is not in the building. It should wait until 15:00 to be sent because there can be changes during the morning and the final version is the one that needs to be sent.

What I planned to do, not with sucess has been (maybe i got it totally wrong and i should go for another approach...):

a. create a smart object linked to the SharePoint list. As a single method it has Load (execute).

b. email event with escalation.

But i have encountered several problems:

1.- when i try to use a single method it asks me for the ID of the item (I need the one with the greatest ID). How do I set it up to the one with the biggest ID? I tried to use the SharePoint search event, but it does not have the "greatest" as an operator.

2.- how do i set up the scalation method to be at 15:00? I do not really understand how to fill in the fields in the wizard.

I do not need that is a workflow that waits for next day, it can be triggered when a new item is created and wait till 15:00.

Any help and/or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! br,

-Cristina.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Cristina,

Are you using K2 blackpearl or blackpoint?