AD Service 2 and Get OrganizationalUnitUsers

• 11 June 2009
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I've created and am using a SmartObject based on Active Directory Service2 -> AD User.  So far I've used several of the methods -  (e.g. GetUserDetails, GetUsersByGroup)  but have been unsuccessful in using the GetOrganizationalUnitUsers method.   I haven't been able to determine what the method is actually expecting as input (I've tried a number of different things, using ldap binding syntax as well as just specifying top-level OU names).     I'm using the SmartObjects Services Tester to do my experimenting.

Any clues as to what this method is actually expecting (or where I could find this information)?

Thanks in advance,

Diane

3 replies

Badge +9

I have tried with just the top level OU name and it works fine.  e.g. if your OU is called "Finance", just put "Finance" into the input field.

However, I can't get it to work with nested OUs.  Maybe somebody who has further knowledge on this can give some input here on handling nested OUs.

Badge +1

You are right, it's definitely nested OU's that seem to be the problem.   Most of our OU's are nested so I just hadn't tried any that weren't.

Badge +9
I did a check and it currently only supports single level OUs. I have logged this as an enhancement request to support nested OUs.