Put a role in a destination user of a Event Mail

• 21 April 2009
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I try to put a role as "destination user" in an event mail. This role contains only a user (with a mail adress), coming from the active Directory.

An error occurs when i test the process: something like ("root element is missing").

I don't understand what happened: it's working when I replace the role by the user.

Thanks a lot for helping me

5 replies

Badge +1

I Found the solution:

• We can't put a role as a destination user (in an Event Mail): it should be possible in a futur release.
  • I created a K2 service ibject wich is using the GetEmailFromRole method (put the role in parameter). then I created a smartobject, using the K2 service object. In the destination user of the Eventmail, I put this new smartobject.

Badge +9

That is not right, you can use specify roles in the destination rules and use the destination user in the email event wizard.

You can just switch the advanced destination rules options to Plan All At Once and Resolve all roles and groups to users.  I tested it and it works as expected.

Badge +1

I'd like to try to use the "destination user" solution but I cannot click on it. Another post explain that I should use the "advanced destination rules" but there's no way to turn to advanced mode. Do I have a to old version of blackpearl?

Badge +11

Advanced destination rules are a little hard to find until you know where to look.  Open your destination rule.  Notice on the first screen, the back button is enabled.  Click Back.

download.aspx

After that, click the Advanced Mode check box:

download.aspx

Now when you move through the wizard, you will see the advanced destination rule options.  Check out this technical paper for some of the things you can do with advanced destination rule:  http://www.k2underground.com/files/folders/technical_product_documents/entry20948.aspx

Badge +1

Thanks a lot.

It was so simple.