Error in runtime function

Badge +9

I'm getting this error in the ULS Logs which is causing the form to halt (unable to open) and throws a sharepoint foundation error as below. 

How can I find out which fields are the problematic, is there a way to get the names of those fields or what types?

The form contains a lot of runtime functions on fields.

Runtime function parsing failed for formula.not(NWF.FormFiller.Functions.GetValue('1c1e711a-5ac7-43de-adab-fd1d3da4b078', sourceContext)) Exception message: Thread was being aborted.    Exception stacktrace:  
 at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)   
 at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.ContainsKey(TKey key)   
 at Nintex.Forms.NfUtilities.ProcessRuntimeFunctions(StringBuilder formulaTextUntokenized, Dictionary`2 tokens, Boolean processParameterString, Boolean continueProcessingText, Int32 level)   
 at Nintex.Forms.NfUtilities.ProcessFormulaForSyncAndAsyncRuntimeFunctions(StringBuilder& formulaText)

Help!

17 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

Can you attach the form please?

Badge +9

The form has lookup data from other lists, logo and confidential info. Cannot really attach it, sorry. If you can easily tell how I can see those ID's, that might help !!

Badge +9

I don't seem able to even preview the form anymore!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

can you check developer console whether there are not errors reported as well? they might give better clue what is going on and might possibly point to code where the error occurred.

since it is parsing error I would expect problems to be casued by some of 'sensitive' characters like, coma, semicolon, apostrophe, brackets, etc; even caused indirectly by data being processed.

so check all your formulas, rules, validations, javascript, etc

Badge +9

The problem is I cannot even get to open the form in the browser anymore. It gives the SharePoint foundation error and a correlation ID.

I have mainly 2 lookup fields that run when the form is opened, userprofile of the user's department and the manager's preferred name. If the data being pulled for those two fields contains special characters, will it cause a problem?!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

open developer console before you navigate into form.

it still can show error even if page is not rendered finally.

if console gets cleared by SP's error page then try to switch off 'Clear on navigate enabled' in console.

Badge +9

I'm not familiar with JSON. But that's what I'm getting:

SCRIPT5009: 'JSON' is undefined
File: PublishConfirm.aspx, Line: 99, Column: 17

then when I go to line 99: That's the one:

if (formType == 1 || formType == 2) {

line99:          var formString = JSON.stringify(formDefinition);
                var contentTypeId = JSON.stringify(args.ContentTypeID);
                if (contentTypeId == undefined) {
                    contentTypeId = """""";
                }

var listId = JSON.stringify(args.ListID);

Now the only JS that I had Marian, if you remember this (from another post), is the one that checks the number of attachments on the form. It was working completely fine, until I came this morning and it decided to fail. Nothing changed since then.

The condition on the validation rule on the attachments field looks like this:

not(Mileageonly) && (GetNumberOfAttachments("AttachmentControlClass") < 1) && greaterThan(Reimbursement, 0)

and the javascript on the form is this:

function GetNumberOfAttachments(attCtrlClassName)
 { 
   return NWF.FormFiller.Attachments.GetAttachedFilesCount(NWF.FormFiller.Functions.GetFillerDivObjectForControl(NWF$("#"+NWF$("." + attCtrlClassName + " .nf-attachmentsRow")[0].id)).data('controlid')) 
}

and the attachments control class name is this: AttachmentControlClass

anything you see that is problematic?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

what form mode(s) does it fail in?

Badge +9

what do you mean by form modes? Create/Edit mode? if so, it is failing in both. I cannot open existing list items to view. and when I click to create new item, it does the same.

when I submit/create a new the form through the Nintex mobile phone, it works fine.

But from desktop, which opens in browser (not pop up window), it fails. which surprisingly, it was always like that but it just suddenly decided to fail.

I just changed the settings now on the library to open the form in Pop up window. and it also gave me the correlation OD error.

Badge +9

I found this in the ULS logs as well. Can it be related?

Exception. Message: The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:01:00. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout. Stack trace: Server stack trace:

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message) Exception rethrown

at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at Nintex.Workflow.Live.ConnectorHandler.IConnectorHandler.GetServiceResource(ConfigRequest request)

at Nintex.Workflow.Live.ConnectorHandler.ConnectorHandlerClient.Nintex.Workflow.Live.ConnectorHandler.IConnectorHandler.GetServiceResource(ConfigRequest request)

at Nintex.Workflow.Live.ConnectorHandler.ConnectorHandlerClient.GetServiceResource(String authenticationKey, String connectorVersion, LicenseType licenseType, String nintexLiveVersionId, RequestDetails[] requestDetails)

at Nintex.Workflow.Live.ConnectorCommunication.GetResources(RequestDetails[] requestDetails). Inner exception. Message: The HTTP request to 'https://live.nintex.com/Gateway/ConnectorHandler.svc/V20110930/' has exceeded the allotted timeout of 00:01:00. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.. Stack trace:

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities.ProcessGetResponseWebException(WebException webException, HttpWebRequest request, HttpAbortReason abortReason)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout).Inner exception. Message: The operation has timed out. Stack trace:

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout).

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

yes, I meant NEW/EDIT/VIEW mode.

so if it happens in NEW mode as well we can rule out problem is with data.

as far as I can see both validation rule and javascript code seems to be correct.

reg. JSON related problem, it seems to be some orphaned error from form publishing and not from runtime.

so I would say problems are not caused by snippets you posted. just to proofcheck it I would try to remove rule and javascript code from form (one by one)

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

this seems to be some problem with nintex live connectivity.

is it live form that you experience problems with?

Badge +9

No, it is not a LIVE form. we don't even use live so far. disregard this one then.

Badge +9

That's exactly what I was trying yesterday. then I contacted Nintex support and provided error. they parsed the xml and gave me an exact field. I didn't do anything to it, came this morning and the issue fixed itself.. that's crazy. I'm thinking may be it was a SharePoint timer service job or something. !!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Timer service is not involved in form rendering

Did they give you a reason why the field causes problem?

What type of field it was?

Badge +9

I didn't get a reason why the field was failing. That field was existing since very first creation of the form and never caused an issue. I had no idea why it decided to fail suddenly. and then it decided to fix itself also suddenly. 

The field was a (Yes/no) and there was a formatting rule on it to show/hide a panel when the checkbox was checked/unchecked.

No further investigation is needed on this. Although it would have been great to know the reason behind the failure. 

Thanks ‌ for your continuous help happy.png 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

ok, if you are satisfied with resolution, do not forget to choose a correct answer.