The workflow is a leave request workflow where employees fill out a form adding an item to a list assigning a task to the manager etc..
Any ideas what this error message means?
(An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. Exception details: System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined. at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind) at Microsoft.Activities.Messaging.SendHttpRequest.SendRequest(NativeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.NativeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation) Exception from activity SendHttpRequest Retrieve Token Get Token Get Token StateMachine Send Cloud Activity Sequence SecurityScopeActivity NintexActivities.WorkflowXaml_fd5b077e_17e9_408c_8e68_02deb8cf97f6 InitSequence NintexActivities.WorkflowXaml_b01f72cc_6e32_4ce3_9621_36d003d2e8e0 Sequence Flowchart Leave Request Workflow.WorkflowXaml_9d2222ed_c3c7_4827_9f0d_2fd4d7164a5c)
Solved! Go to Solution.
From looking at the error message, my guess is you have some web service request actions in your workflow "Call web service" or "Http Web request". And it could the web service url you are calling does not exist or invalid.
It would help us help you if you can provide some info on where in the workflow its failing?
As Nintex workflow for office 365 does not have the graphical view of the workflow history, I usually use "log in history" at before and after critical points where it may fail. This way makes it easy to identity which workflow action has failed.
Thanks for your help. Hmm we don't have a web service request action in the workflow
The workflow is failing from the very beginning, it wont run the first action which is just 'set workflow status'
What status are you trying to set it to?I have just done a test one and it completed without any issues.
Apologies for the late reply. I have tested setting the workflow status to "Request Pending" and it worked ok.
In a separate note, I found that this status column doesn't always update reliably. I had one scenario where the first workflow instance successfully set the status to "started" . When you kick off another instance on it that status column will remain "started" even if it should have changed to "in progress". It seems to only retain the status of the first workflow instance.
Thanks for testing this. I have raised a case with nintex support and they released a hotfix which solved the workflow being suspended however another issue came up where I couldn't open the workflow designer.. so they are looking into this