Consolidated Report!

Badge +3

Hello Everyone!

I am working on a requirement where clients wants everyone in the group (SharePoint group) to approve the document. WF should end if the doc is rejected.

I have used "Assign Flexi Task" and used "All must agree" behavior.

Clients wants a consolidated report of who rejected and approved and also who did not respond.

To achieve this I have created a variable to store the outcome and using it in "Send notification" to get the report when ever the doc is approved/rejected.

I am receiving notifications if all "Approve" the doc or only if the first response if "Reject". Issue is I am not receiving notification if the second/third response is "Reject". I am not able to figure out where I am going wrong and what I am missing.

Can somebody please help with this or suggest me alternatives?

Thanks in Advance!

11 replies

Badge +7

I think using a unique flexi task is not the good way in your case if you want a detailed report because the flexi as only two outcome :

- Document is validated (meaning "by everyone")

OR

-  Document is rejected (meaning "by at least one people")

So the workflow will either wait for the last approver to validate, then exit.....or catch the first reject then exit !

In this last case, wathever the other approver answer has no interrest, because the document is considered as rejected.

Nothing else will be logged...

Badge +3

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for your quick response!

What I am looking for is, I want to capture the information of who rejected the document, who approved the document and who did not respond, so I can send this notification to the team. Is there a way I can capture this ?

Thanks,

Shreedhar H V

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

if you are on SharePoint on-premises, have you tried looking into Last Approvers Comments reference? There you can find the approver(s) of the last task, the outcome(s) and the comment(s)

Giacomo

Badge +3

Hello Colin,

Thanks for the response!

What I am looking for is, I need a report that says who rejected, who approved and who did not respond.

Is there a way I can achieve this?

Badge +7

Hello Shreedhar,

Are you using only Approve, Reject branches at your Assign Flexi task? Or else you are using Other branch too?

Badge +3

Hello Soni,

I am making use of only two branches! Approve and Reject!

Is there a way I can get a report?

Thanks in Advance!

Shreedhar

Badge +3

Hello Giacomo,

Can you please help in achieving this?

Thanks!

Badge +7

I'm wondering if you can try to include Other branch, so that it will be executed if none of Approve, Reject nodes were. And in Other branch add the same logic what you have to get the list of Approvrs with their choices. I didn't try this one but just give a try if it helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

sorry but I wasn't at the office last days..in the screenshot you can find the way to get in a single variables all the information of the approvers of last task.

If you need, there is also the possibility to get all previous approvers using the "All Approver Comments" context variable

ApproverComments.PNG

Giacomo

Badge +3

Thanks Giacomo!

Yes it worked and able to get the Outcome i.e Approved/Rejected, But I am not able to get the comments o the approvers!

Cheers!

Shreedhar H V

Badge +3

Hello Everyone,

I was able to achieve this using "Request Approval" action. Also I was able to get the report I was looking for using this action.

It is not possible to achieve this using "Assign Flexi Task".

Thanks for everyone's response and help!

Cheers!

Shreedhar H V