K2 smartforms on sharepoint pages

• 19 September 2014
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2

Hello,

I was trying to embed a smartform on a regular SP 2013 page. The only webpart i have availavle is the "K2 Form Viewer", it works ok, but i cannot make it scalable, so it displays the whole form. I set up the webpart width and height to be adjusted to the fit zone, but it didnt help. The scrollbar is still there and the webpart is displayed only on the half of the screen. I dont want to hard code the width and height as, it would not look good on all screens.

Is there any workaround to this problem. I guess it is, as the automatically generated forms (edit/display form) are displayed correctly, even if they are big. 

Is there also any way to pass parameters to the webpart? (i.e. to filter the values).

Thanks in advance for help!

10813iB914501F0A7898C6.png

3 replies

Badge +7

Hi wowo3,

Have you been able to find an optimal workaround for this yet?

If not for the first part of your post, are you seeing 2 scrollbars (one in the web part and one on the SharePoint site itself)? If that's what you mean/are seeing, to my knowledge, the inner scrollbar (web part one) is an expected behavior in SharePoint 2013 especially if the height is too small, which happens occassionally even with the "No. Adjust height to fit zone" option.

While I know it may not be your favorite option, I think using the "Yes" radio button and adjusting for both the width and height for the SmartForms Web Part is one of your best bets. Plus, even though it may take a bit of time getting it to look better, it will look more attractive overall than using the auto adjust option no matter what screen it's being viewed from. If you use Pixels and just play around with it until the height is tall enough to display everything, that inner scrollbar will disappear whether or not you have multiple collapsible/expanded views in the form. I don't know know how large your form is, but I usually start at around 5000 Pixels and move up and down from there. 

Good luck!

Regards,

Alyssa

Badge +8

I'd like to ressurect this post since one question wasn't answered.

How do we work with form parameters when using this web part? There is a help article about putting some Javascript in a content editor web part, but I think that's for the 2010 version of the web part, not the 2013 version because the ID of the web part is wrong.

http://help.k2.com/kb001351

Anyone?

Doug

Badge +1

How do you actually select the SmartForm to be displayed? I cannot even select it?! I have only standard SharePoint properties of the AppPart on the page.

I think it will be done as described as described in this post:

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2smartforms/userguide/1.0.5/webframe.html#using_the_k2_forms_viewer_web_part.html

However, I do not get the properties :(