Debugging Workflow issue

Badge +1

Hi,

This is a newbie question. I've a K2 workflow developed using Blackpoint by a vendor. The workflow is suppose to send an email notification and is triggered based on the expiration date of the respective records in a document library.

As the SharePoint administrator, I am able to receive the email notification fired from the workflow. However, if the workflow is triggered by other user, they are not able to receive any email notification.

I have very very little knowledge of K2 Blackpoint and am tasked to solve this. Can someone advise me how to go around and find out what is the problem. Thx.

rgds,

Nickson

2 replies

Badge +3

Hi Nickson,

I don't know exactly what you want to accomplish but if I understand correctly you only have the administrator as a destination user instead of the originator which means whoever action the item will receive notification etc.

Regards,

Badge +1

Hi Brink,

What I mean is that when I test the K2 workflow using an account which is a SharePoint super administrator account, the workflow will kick off and I will receive an email notification on the date of expiry of the record.

However, when the test is done with a user account with contributor access to the SharePoint site, the workflow will also kick off but the email notification is not received.

I am to check/test out what is happening in K2 but I have no idea how to do this. Hope this is clear now.