Public Form URL variables

Badge +17

Has anyone played around with passing variables through the URL for a public web form?  I've tried a few different approaches but not quite sure its built to handle that. 

Use case is to create a public web form for a quote and hide that behind a link. When the user clicks on the link, it will pass that specified information from the link to the form.

Eric 

25 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Eric, when you say "pass that specified information from the link to the form", what is the expectation of the form if the passing does happen? Are you referring to pre-populating the form fields with default values?

Badge +17

Hey Josh. 

Yes, guess I should have been more specific. I want to have the following happen.  I would embed a link such as click this link to signup for the event.  The link would have preset parameters from the browser session or variable data such as www.example.workflowcloud.com/form/random_goodness?name=username&marketo=campaign&event=meetup

This would populate fields on the Public web form automatically 

name

marketo

event

Badge

Any traction on this?  I'm now looking for the same functionality.

Thanks-

Jason

Badge +11

Eric Harris‌, Were you able to find resolution to your query? I guess Jason Spangler‌ and I have same question.

Badge

I'd also like to understand if anyone solved this.  Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi all,

We have completed development of our new formula builder but it still requires the ability to bind the formula to the default value of a control which we are working on at the moment. Once this feature is complete, you will be able to pass a query string value from the URL to a control.

221317_pastedImage_1.png

Cheers,

Euan

Badge

Thank you so much, i do it

Badge

Any chance that this was released, has a released date, or some kind of an alternative?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Oran Bar-Tal‌,

We are close to release - most likely February.

Cheers,

Euan

Badge +3

Looking forward to it! In need of this for 5-6 projects now. Hoping for early february!

Badge

Hey Euan - any further updates to this functionality?  Currently have a need for this, so I'm definitely hoping this is released very soon.  Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi all,

We are still working on Form Variables, improving the overall experience before release. We were expecting February but now adjusted our expected release to be March. 

We are looking at adding inline formulas to the default value property with this release.

Cheers,

Euan

Badge

Hi Euan, has there been any update for this? I suspect there are many like me that will make good use of this!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Bricey,

We are code complete for this and finalising testing so hoping we can deploy within the next few weeks.

Cheers,

Euan

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi all,

We have just released the new variable builder which includes the query string function.

Cheers,

Euan

Badge +2

Could you please link to documentation for this feature?  We need to insert variables into the redirect URL, but I do not see this feature available anywhere on the WorkflowCloud interface. Thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @tdh,

We currently do not support variables inserted into the Redirect URL.

Cheers,

Euan

Badge +2

Thanks, Euan.  We still need to pass off a couple of variables (preferrably via POST) into another form that lives on on our legacy system.  What methods does Workflow Cloud support for this handoff?  

We've already worked a bit with the "Call a Web Service" but the issue is that it isn't posting to a web service, our Nintex form needs to send people along to a second interactive form to collect more user information. 

Can you help us figure this out?

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @tdh,

I need a bit more detail on what you are hoping to do.

So you want to pass information from the Nintex Form to a legacy system? It may be worth looking at Nintex Foxtrot for RPA into legacy system data entry possibly?

Cheers,

Euan

Badge +2

For example, one form is intended to allow people to register for a mutiday event with several different options for sessions and meals each day.  The nintex cloud form works great for capturing this information and saving it to the appropriate Sharepoint Lists.  However, the second stage of this registration is actually paying for it.  We're trying to find a way to allow the user to fill out the first form, then seamlessly transition to our payment system which can accept POST data including name, line items, prices, and other fields. 

Does this answer your question? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @tdh,

In Nintex Forms for Nintex Workflow Cloud, we can pass the user to a static address, but we wont be able to pass them to a dynamic address with query string parameters at this time.

Cheers,

Euan

Badge +2

Is there any way to set that up if we're using Nintex for Office 365 instead?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @tdh,

You can still use Old Responsive in Office365 which includes a button property of 'Redirect URL'. This would allow you to pass parameters in the query string.

We have this in the backlog for New Responsive, but I dont have a timeframe for this as yet.

Cheers,

Euan

Badge +2

And are these Old Responsive Office 365 buttons with redirect URLs available in forms that can be used by unauthenticated guests?  We are collecting registrations from the public, not just organization members.  

Thank you,

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Ah, no so Office365 does not offer unauthenticated forms. I don't think we will be able to support the solution at this time without the dynamic URL in Nintex Workflow Cloud.

Cheers,

Euan