K2SQL User Display Name

• 13 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi

I'm busy building a solution that needs to provide one set of forms for internal users, and a subset of the forms for external users. I've set up a secondary runtime site, and configured it to use the FormSTS with K2SQL.

I also built forms that allows users to add and configure users to the CustomUM tables in the K2 database, with a display name, email address, manager.

Now that I've started to try and use the forms on the secondary site, I ran into a problem that I can't find information on from searching.

The user logs in, but none of the properties such as the user name, display name etc that was filled in on the CustomUM table are available.

To demonstrate, this is the row in the table:

20074i46F62CFCED9925CB.png

I created a small view that transfers the data from the user info to text boxes. This is what it shows for my internal user:

20076iDC536EC35D4E6B10.png

But for the K2SQL user, only the FQN is pulling through:

20077i3659581FBC9A2DFA.png

Is there a way to get the user's info to pull through? I had to trigger a Sync Service run to be able to login at all, but the values in the SyncEngine.Identity table looks correct as well

20078i20DAA9C8DB8498E8.png

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi JacoDeB,

I have an old environment with SQLUM setup (non domain setup) and I'm seeing similar behavior. I don't think it's related to secondary Smartforms site setup in your scenario. Perhaps, another approach is to UMUser SmartObject call (i.e. Execute SmartObject method action), you can pass in the FQN (K2SQL:johnSomething) and get the return display name, etc. 

Thanks khanh. I thought I might have to do that, but it's annoying.