Nintex Form on Flexitask and some questions

• 11 February 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Hi all,

i'am new to Nintex Forms and testing it with a flexi task and run into a few problems. So i hope you can help the newbee

On the standard flexi task the "Element" is a link to the the workflow item, if i edit the flexi task with nintex forms it is only the name but not a link.

How can i get a link behind the element name?

In my flexi task options i have configured that a user must add a comment, if he rejects the task. This works fine with the nintex standard, but the Nintex Form is not interested in this configuration wink.png

How can i validate this?

I put the Page View Control on my form and linked it to the itemURL, this works finde, but is there a way to autosize the item to the framsize of the control?

Cheers from germany

Daniel

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Daniel,

To add a link to the workflow item in a flexi task form, you can add a label control. In this label, you can insert a link (Insert tab in the ribbon) and configure it like the following screenshot :

177569_pastedImage_0.png

Regarding the comment validation, you can add a validation rule. The following blogs should help you doing that : Using validation rules to ensure a comments box is not left empty , Task Form Outcome Conditional Formatting/Validation .

With the page view control, I don't think that you can autosize the item's form to fit the page view control. Is it too large or too small ?

Cheers from Switzerland wink.png

Badge +3

Hi Caroline,

thank you. That was exactly what I was looking for. happy.png

the object / item is to large, so the width value of my form has to be really high. The item is a InfoPath form, and I consider to create this as a Nintex Workflow Start Form and put the approval part on another tab. (If this is technically working)

Greetings from the neighborhood wink.png

Daniel

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Daniel,

Great that it helped you happy.png

Why do you need to add the approval part on a Nintex Workflow Start Form ?

Badge +3

Hi Caroline,

I'am a DMS / ECM Admin and in our System, the user has all the information in one view, when he opens a workflow. The workflow form and the related document are side by side. So, to use a link to open a InfoPath form / Document on another intranet site is not a good solution for me. The user has to switch between the browser sites or has to manage the windows manually.

If the form is to wide for one nintex form, my idea was then to use tabs to stay in the same view. Hope this makes sense to you happy.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Daniel,

OK, I thought you was talking about the approval part of the same workflow.

I think that using tabs is the best idea : I don't think that it is possible to reduce the size of the content of a Page View Control (there will be scroll bars).

Hope this helps