Not applicable

Nintex Forms delay the call to Web Request Action url

Jump to solution

I have a field on a Nintex form for Department. This value of for Department is set through js. I then have a second drop down field that I need to populate the option for a rest service. So I added a Web Request Action and the url used by this actions requires the "Department" value. Now this is not working because I think by the time the form loads, the Web Request action fires before the "Department" field is set so it's failing to return the users in a given department.

I do I could just use my own js call to the rest service and set the options myself, but I just want to know if there is a way of getting this to work with the out-of-the-box Web Request Action.

Capture.PNG

12 Replies
cju
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Nintex Forms delay the call to Web Request Action url

Jump to solution

Can you get the department using a form variable ?

Not applicable

Jump to solution

No sure I follow Caroline but it seems I don't have the forms variable on the action itself to pick from, see screenshot:

no-forms-variable.png

cju
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

You're right, sorry I thought you could pick a form variable.

I think that what you'd like to do will be possible with the next version of Nintex Forms Enterprise.

In the meantime, you can perform your web request call in javascript...

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Ok thanks!

Jason Dembaremba, SharePoint Developer

VIRGIN ACTIVE HEALTH CLUBS - SOUTH AFRICA

Telephone: +27 (0)80 000 1671

www.virginactive.co.za<http://www.virginactive.co.za>

Live happily ever active

Please consider our precious environment before printing this email.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi, Jason, did Caroline Jung​'s java suggestion solve your problem? 

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Yes, the answer did confirm that I can't achieve what I wanted to achieve in this scenario using the Nintex Web Request Action. As I said in my post, I knew I could use my own custom js rest call. So there some room for improvements in the new version as Caroline mentioned.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you, Jason!  There's always room for improvement, very true. You may already be aware, but if you'd like to suggest features, you can visit @Customer Feedback for Nintex to tell our developers about them. You can also add your voice to suggestions that are already made so our devs know when a lot of people would love a certain feature.  All the best! Frank

0 Kudos
cju
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Hi Jason,

Good news, you can now do what you'd like to do with the new version of Nintex Forms Enterprise :

Nintex Forms Enterprise - SQL Request and Web Service Request enhancement

Have a nice day,

Caroline

jessewilker
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hey Caroline Jung​ -- Would you know how to avoid having the Web Request Control query when the form loads? I only want it to query when a named control is populated which I have working. However, all of my Controls fire before adding data. What happens is the first entry into the text field takes forever for the Web call.

0 Kudos