Same Workflow, different Forms

• 22 March 2010
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

We have several identical workflows, with the only difference being the 'type' of request - The forms vary slightly, but more than what I would like to manage in conditional views. K2 appears to manage the views in the Open event, and won't let me manage it there manually. Anybody have any suggestions as to how I can streamline this process? My predecessor has created two identical workflows with the different forms. I prefer to maintain fewer activities/events, and would like to just switch to the correct view. View 1: Decide the correct type, View_10, 11, 12, 13 if type A, otherwise View_20, 21, 22, 23. (Depending on which activity...)

Thanks!

2 replies

Badge +4

Gunnar,

Sounds like this is feasible. Here's a blog post that talks about (among other things) selecting views based on a status flag.

Clint

Badge +1

I read the link that clint.head suggested, but was not able to follow how I can accomplish what i wanted.

However, I added a conditional Rule on Form Open, where I change the document View to the view name I really want. Unfortunately, K2 reorders those Rules, and after I deploy I have to move my Rules up to be executed 1st. (K2 will not allow me to manage my views directly, but this is a way I can work around it.)