kkj834
Novice

Re: Nintex Forms Web Part in Web Part Page -

Jump to solution

Then it shouldn't be an option in the part set up.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
nedhumphreys
Rookie

Jump to solution

I was just surfing the community looking for the answer to something similar and came across this post.  In my case, I wanted to display the edit form for a list where every individual in our organization would be allowed one and only one item.  At first, I was using the list web part that was accessing a view called "My Item" filtered on the "Created By = [Me]" filter.  But that required the user to click on the Edit column on their item in order to add data to the form (something they will continue to do over the course of 6 weeks.)  I wanted to simply have the page always display the edit form with it's current data, making for easy updates by the users.

After reading this post, I was prepared to give up when I thought about adding a connection from the Nintex List Form web part configuring it to "Get Row From" the "My Item" list view web part.  When I did this, the other configuration options disappeared from the Nintex Web Part with the exception of the Form Mode (New, Edit, Display) drop down selection.  Hit apply and Save the page and Voila!  Exactly what I needed.  I then simply minimized the My Item web part and saved the page again so it's hidden to avoid any confusion.

So, the moral of the story is, the Nintex List Form web part can be used with the edit mode of the form, provided you connect it to another web part that provides a specific list row (Item ID.)  Hope this makes sense!

kkittinger
Scout

Jump to solution

Hey Ned,

I got a question for you, when a user only has one item in the list i cant get the Nintex List Form Web Part to show up its saying Please Provide a valid list item ID.  Even if you select just that one in the item nothen happens but if you have more then one item we can go from item to item and the web part will show the edit form.  how did you fix this issue.

Thanks Kevin

0 Kudos
andrewg
Scout

Jump to solution

Could that item be checked out? Check permissions/access first.

0 Kudos
tomtim
Novice

Jump to solution

Hey Ned, 

thank you very much for this idea - it almost works. 

I have my list with the view only on my personal items. But after connecting my list with the Nintex List Form Webpart it always shows only the first entry of the list. 

That means that all users see the Nintext List Form Webpart in edit mode also if these data does not belong to them. It is also possible that User B can now edit the data from User A. What is quite crazy: When showing the list webpart with the view on only my personal data - this works perfectly well. When a user already has entered data it is shown there. When a user doesn't have entered any data yet the list is empty but the nintex Webpart is filled with the data from the very first row. 

Do you have an idea what my problem is all about? Thank you very much!

0 Kudos