Workspace view squashed

• 29 October 2014
  • 7 replies

Badge +10

Hi,

Ive have got intermittenet issues when when i browse to the workspace sometimes, i only see half (about 30%)of the workspace. Has anyone had this issue or have a solution for it. This occurs in both IE 11 and 9 as far as I know.

Thanks in advance

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Do you have an arrow button in the top right corner to expand the window?  Perhaps there's a problem with an iFrame.  Have you tried it in another browser like Chrome?

Badge +10

I thought I've seen this with IE 11.  I think you might need to add the workspace URL to the compatability view and also make sure its added to trusted sites.  With that said I see that IE 11 isn't fully supported yet.

Badge +7

Here are some steps to add to Tim's suggestion:

1. Add the Workspace URL to the Compatibility View Settings
2. Go into Internet Options > Security tab
3. Select "Local intranet" underneath the "Select a zone to view or change security settings"
4. Set the "Security level for this zone" to Low
5. Click on the Sites button next to the bolded "Local intranet" and then click Advanced
6. For the "Add this website to the zone:" add the Workspace URL here also
7. Apply the changes

Side note - You can also use the wildcard * and type your domain name then Add (e.g. *.k2.com) 

If that doesn't work try the following also:

1. Press F12 and at the bottom of your screen some options will pop up
2. You'll see the options on the bottom left hand corner and you can scroll down to the last one, which is Emulation
3. Try changing the Document mode and User agent string both to 10 and if that doesn't work try 9.

Basically it will emulate the views of IE10 and IE9, which are the versions supported by K2.

Badge +10

Thanks for your replies everyone. I dont think workspace works with any other browser other than internet explorer.

I will test yout solution when i next encounter this issues as it seems to have fixed itself now. As I said its intermittent on the same computer with the same internet explorer settings.

@Update: the above solutions did the fix the issue. Please advise if there is anythig else that can be tried.

Badge +7

I'm guessing by did fix the issue, you meant didn't?

You are right about Internet Explorer as again, IE9 and IE10 are the versions supported by K2. 

You could try emulating IE10 per the second set of instructions AND perform the 'Add the Workplace URL to the Compatibility View Settings' steps (1-7) if you haven't already. I've seen some customers resolve it that way by using both suggestions. 

We've also had people downgrade IE 11 to IE 10.

Badge +10

Not sure if it will help with the underlying issue here, but personally, due to my refusal to use internet explorer for anything, I've been using the chrome add on IEtab:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ie-tab/hehijbfgiekmjfkfjpbkbammjbdenadd?hl=en-US

This got rid of the "squished" experience I had in chrome for workspace.  That said, I do have to log in twice, once when the page initially pulls up, and then again once IEtab reloads the page inside of IE.

Badge +10

Thanks. I did mean "Didn't" . Apologies. Tried the compatibility method whcich didnt resolve the issue. will give the chomre plugn a go and update this when once Ive tried.

Thanks